Created in 2016, Retro Modding is a company based in Montreal, Canada. Its mission is to ensure the longevity of retro handheld systems. Specialized in the design and console components and modding parts, they collaborated with artist like Mr Beast, Justin Roiland (Rick & Morty), Spacebot Interactive (Dragonborne, Deadeus), NGDEV team, Chipzel (Crypt of the NecroDancer), The Retro Future, Rage Elixir, Eboys, Metal Jesus Rocks and many others.
A subsidiary of Retro Modding, Incube8 Games was launched in 2021 with the aim of facilitating the publishing of retro video game cartridges, mainly for 8-bit handheld consoles. Supported by Retro Modding’s expertise and supply chain, Incube8 Games offers turnkey publishing solutions for physical releases from the custom cartridges and PCBs to the boxes and games manuals. Their first published game is the Game Boy game Genesis.
An ancient, nameless evil stirs beneath the earth, twisting the land and its people alike with its corrupting force. Two rival nations careen toward war, as a shadowy figure arms them both with unholy weapons of immense power. And a disgraced knight is called upon to overcome the centuries-old pain that divides these peoples, his own grief, and malevolent forces fanning the flames of hate. This epic tale frames a roleplaying game with a unique tactical battle system, a detailed world with over 50 explorable areas and more than 100 items, and beautiful 8-bit graphics — all to immerse you into the world of Infinity!
- A unique strategic battle system where positioning is as important as choosing the right attack
- The option to alternate at any time between “Wait” (Enemies don't move when you have a turn in battle) and “Action” battle modes (Enemies move whenever they are ready, much like a chess game where no one is waiting for their turn to move), with 4 different speeds
- A rich and complex plot that goes above and beyond what you would expect from an 8-bit portable RPG
- Over 50 explorable areas
- Around 20 hours of gameplay
- 6 playable characters, each with their own specialties
- More than 100 items to aid you in your quest
- An elaborate script with more than 3,000 lines of dialogue and 20,000 words. That’s longer than Final Fantasy II, and comparable to Dragon Warrior III!
- Advanced graphical techniques that make the most of the humble Game Boy Color hardware
- Ultra-customizable text window color gradient!
- Will be released on physical Game Boy Color cartridge and digital ROM
Playable [unfinished] demo : gbhh.avivace.com/game/infinity-preview-version-100
Web page : www.infinitygbc.com
Downloadable assets: Infinity's public google drive folder
Press Contact :
press [at] incube8games.com
Logos & Assets
Click for content.